Over the River and Through the Woods
Auditions: September 19th & 20th
Time: 6:00–8:00 p.m.
Where: Miller Center Theater, 301 Grove Street
Performances – The Aviary in Miler Park, November 5, 6, 12, 13, 14, 19 & 20, 2021
If you have not signed up for our audition email list, please subscribe here.
Auditions will be held at the Miller Center Theater located at 301 Grove Street. Parking is available at the back of the building, which is accessible from Wadsworth Street. Please use the Wadsworth Street entrance at the back of the building – front doors will be locked.
No experience is necessary to audition. Readings will be taken from the script.
Renaissance is YOUR community theater and all interested are welcome. If you have acting experience, please bring a copy of your performance resume. If you cannot attend either evening, please email us to schedule a virtual audition at: firstname.lastname@example.org
See below for synopsis and character descriptions.
- The building is only accessible through the back entrance on Wadsworth Street.
- You may come to both nights of auditions, but it is not required.
- Readings are taken from the script, so no need to prepare a monologue.
- Please remember to bring your calendar so you can list your conflicts on the audition sheet.
- For musicals: Follow detailed audition instructions. If there are no specifics, please prepare 16 bars of a song of your choice – do not use a song from the show. Remember to bring your sheet music for the accompanist.
- If you have questions or need to set up an audition time other than the dates above, please email RenaissanceTheatreLynchburg@gmail.com
Renaissance Theatre Company and Lynchburg Parks and Recreation Department want to ensure the health and safety of those auditioning and cast in the play.
As such we will adhere to the following guidelines:
1. We will adhere to the current gathering guidelines mandated by the State at the time of auditions and during rehearsals.
2. We may have designated screener(s) wearing approved PPE.
- Temperature screening may be done with a no contact, handheld, medically approved device. If temperature is 99 or above at:
Auditions: If out of range, we will set up a virtual audition
Rehearsal: Cast member will join virtually from home or via phone.
- Screening questions may be asked at:
Auditions: If any answers are “yes” we will set up a virtual audition.
Rehearsals: If any answers are “yes”, cast member will join virtually from home or via phone.
- A mask is required if you have not been vaccinated. Masks will be provided for anyone who needs one.
- Hand sanitizer will be at audition welcome station and in the theatre.
Nick is a young bachelor living in New Jersey who religiously spends every Sunday having dinner with his Italian grandparents. When he breaks the news that his employer is transferring him to Seattle, Nick’s grandparents will go to any length to get him to stay, including setting him up on a blind date that just might cause him to change his mind. This warm-hearted, boisterously funny, and intimate family comedy is about intergenerational relationships, deep familial love, and the inevitable little heartbreaks that occur as time passes and children grow. Tengo Famiglia!
“Loaded with laughs every step of the way.” —Star-Ledger
Frank, age 60+, Grandfather of Nick
Nick, age 20-30’s, Grandson of Frank
Aida, age 60+, Nick’s grandmother
Caitlin, age 20-30, arranged date for Nick
Nunzio, age 70+, Nick’s other grandfather
Emma, age 60+, Nick’s other grandmother